Thursday, January 6, 2011

If you liked it then you should have...



It's going to be a really really really good year!!


I put a ring on it! Yea, I'm engaged. For those of you who don't quite understand, it means that an insanely beautiful girl agreed to marry me! So, you want to hear the story and how it all happened and such? Yea I thought so, so here it goes. Hope you enjoy it you nosy nosy people.

Early/Mid-December- I started teasing Mallory about when I may propose to her. I would often drop small hints to hopefully lead her into believing that I would be proposing to her on New Year's Eve. Christmas time was coming up and she was heading to Arizona to spend the holidays with her family while I stayed in Idaho and waited for her to come back on New Year's Eve.

Christmas Break- She left to Arizona on December 20th and wasn't coming back til the 31st. Well, the day after Christmas, the 26th, my brother and I got up early and started driving for Arizona. During the drive I had a phone conversation with Mallory where she asked me what the loud noise in the background was (the noise of driving in a car) and I had to make up some excuse about a TV being noisy. She believed it and we kept driving.

It' now 10 p.m. or so the day after Christmas - Mallory had decided to invite a bunch of friends and family friends over to her house for some desserts and visiting time. While these people were at her house I went over to one of their family friends houses. The family friends (which were at Mallory's house at this time due to the "dessert night") asked Mallory to go to their house to pick up a new board game they got for Christmas so that everyone could play it. Mallory agreed and so she and her friend started off for the family friends house.

As Mallory is walking into the house to grab the board game, she is texting me. She walked into the house a few steps and didn't see me to the side of her so I called out her name and she turned around startled at first to find that someone else was in the house, and then got startled again to see that it was me (who she thought was in Idaho the whole time).
I then started into a loving speech and asked her to marry me and she said YES and it was pretty much the best night ever and it still feels like a dream.

So, that's the nutshell version of it all. Now you know and now you can be jealous.

5 comments:

Ingrid said...

OK, so I'm nosy. What a cute, cute story, but it was even better in real life. You are just perfect for Mallory! - and we love you too!

Janae Post said...

Yay Nephi! Thanks for feeding my nosy appetite! I've been waiting to hear! Yay! LOVE. IT! Congratulations!

BTW Thanks for following my blog!!! Sorry I had to threaten you.

Sam said...

Ah Nephi! You have no idea how happy I am for you! And that is the best it has been told yet!

Kyle and Randee! said...

Sick.

morgan and tina said...

Cuteness! :] ha. CONGRATS!