Monday, May 3, 2010

Dear Stupid Joke,...

I would like to nominate the following style of "joke" to be retired from humor. I submit that it is no longer funny, and hasn't been funny for a long time. It is quickly becoming over used. It is the "Letters to things that can't talk back" joke.
_____________________________________________________
Examples:

Dear Chemistry Class,
I hate you. I thought you were fun at first, but then you pulled a 180 and
convinced the teacher to fail me.
Sincerely, Me

Dear Rain,
I don't know if you know this or not, but it's May. You were scheduled for
last month and last month only.
Thanks, Me

Dear Homework,
I would rather be doing something else.
Love, Me

Dear Sunshine,
Where did you go? It's been so long since we have seen each other.
Love, Me

Dear Bank Account,
I thought we were better friends than this...
Your Enemy, Me

Dear Belly,
Remember when we got along?
Fondest regards, Me
____________________________________________________
I could go on for another 9 hours with these "jokes". You can look at your news feed on Facebook at any time and you have a 99% chance at seeing one of these "jokes".

Well, I feel better now that I got that off my chest. It's been festering in my anger chamber for a while. Feel free to think those "jokes" are still funny, but don't expect me to join you.

Have a good day Peeps.

3 comments:

Hot Cookin' Mama said...

Well in all fairness my last "Dear.." message was to actual people. So HAH

nephiblog said...

Haha. Yea I saw that. Good job haha.

Amber Irene said...

what if i dont mean it to be a joke? dont hate me. you know you can't anyway. i'm too cute. fondest reagrds
amber ;)